Saturday, January 10, 2009

Introducing the next Oksana Baiul!!

Ava had her first experience ice skating last week and can I just tell ya, this girl has impeccable balance! I took her downtown to the outdoor park because it's only a dollar to skate and I didn't think she would last long, but boy was I wrong! She didn't want to leave!
I was impressed when she just got up and started walking out to the rink like it was no big deal to walk in ice skates. Then Katie and I held her hands around the first time and that didn't go to well, so we got her one of the helper things to use and she went around once with that. That didn't go so well either, she fell quite a few times. Then she turned to me and said "mom, I don't want this thing anymore" and took off on her own! She did so well, it was so cool to watch her enjoy it so much.
There were quite a few falls, but I was still impressed that she was skating all by herself and even doing a few little turns! I decided she deserved a little reward so it was off to cold stone to finish off the night! I hope you enjoy the video!


6 comments:

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

Wow, I think Ava is better than I am! That is awesome! Circle even!! I need to take Dallin to do that.

Katie said...

Man I love that girl! SO CUTE! The video doesn't really do her justice, that girl is outta control!

Rachel said...

Does it surprise you that your daughter did better UNassisted? She just has to do everything herself, don't know where she gets that. I'm going to have to find a rink here to take my girls to, hopefully they can do at least as well as Ava.

Marylin said...

OH YAY I am so glad you got your self a blog!! :) And seriously she is sooo cute!!I don't think I could skate like that at all! When I was little my parents would pull me on a sled or inner tube so I never learned how!! How fun!!

Charlene said...

The children are so beautiful. What a kick Ava is. I can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks. Keep the blog coming with lots of photos.

Rosanne said...

That was fun to watch. She is so cute. Wish i was there.